miercuri, 3 februarie 2010

TP-LINK TL-WN321G antenna mod

Since there was no real mod I could find on Intenet I decided to publish my own. It is quite simple and straigh forward. It requires some soldering skills. And of course - that you are not moron.

Here you can see PCB of TL-WN321G USB Wi-Fi. Marked red is actually PCB antenna.



Here is what I did. I have simply cut-off PCB antenna (use soldering iron to get rid of PCB it will overheat and eventually separate) and soldered cable with connector.



Here is finished product. Now you can attach whatever antenna you like to your precious tp-wn321g usb wireless card. And of course - it works with BackTrack... But note that with this mod your precious usb will be usless without external antenna. Could it be done without touching PCB antenna? I don't know, maybe, but for me combination of PCB and external antenna didn't work. So I had decided to get rid of PCB antenna. And that's it.

Un comentariu:

  1. Hello. You said "it works with BackTrack... ", but I can get it work!! You run on vmware, another software or direct from an bootable cd?
    thank you, and I will wait for your answer!

    RăspundețiȘtergere